Building a successful construction company takes more than metal, asphalt and rocks.
It takes fortitude, patience and experience and a team of professionals who know both how to bid and how to build.
S & C Construction started in 1998 by Eddie Smith. It began as a small stream restoration/land clearing construction company. Early on, his daughter, Mary Ann, wanted a role in her father’s business She learned to operate heavy equipment at an early age while having a business mind. She began her work in accounting with the hopes to one day step in to grow and evolve her father’s business. Mary Ann earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and Management from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. After she successfully passed the CPA exam, she felt she was ready for the task she had prepared her whole life. Over the next few years, she became more of an integral part and eventually purchased the business from her father. She still wasn’t satisfied and wanted to continue to learn the business she now owned and has loved her whole life. In the midst of a growing industry, she successfully passed the contractors exam becoming a qualifier for her company. Mary Ann prides herself in creating a small family feel company. while competing with the big boys for work opportunities.
Our services include:
- Bridge Design and Construction
- Dirt Work
- Grading and Excavating
- Pipe Installation
- Asphalt and Concrete Paving
- Bridge rehabilitation
- Bridge Jacking and Repair
- Architectural form work
- Heavy concrete work
- Utility bridges and walkways
- Box Culverts
- Concrete and steel structures
- Pile Driving and Shoring
- Underground Utilities
- Footings, Floors and Foundations
- Pedestrian Bridge Design and Construction
- Quality Control and Assurance
- NC General Contractor License: Highway and Building
- Licensed CCO from the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO)
- Certified in Erosion Sediment Control: Level II